Saturday, July 6, 2013

New Start, New Life, New Food Knowledges!

Hey y'all, I'm now at Singapore, has been here more than a month now. Learning at At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy, taking the course of Diploma in Culinary Art. Sorry that I didn't update anything to this blog,I've been too busy, my blog is not dead XD just temporary stopped. Well here I am, back here for awhile just letting you know something. I'll try dig up some time to fill everything up.



  At school was cool, people there are quite friendly, at this point I'm quite satisfied, they are helpful and approachable. I met some new friends, some are local there and some are foreigners, from Malaysia, Philippines, China, Indonesia, India, and even Korea, and etc.

  As for chef instructors, I like most of them, except one =3= I try not to mention his name here. Unlike most of the other chefs, he didn't show how to do things, instead, he left us in the kitchen and expect us to cook something. Besides, he didn't let us have lunch until 3pm (we usually have lunch on 12pm) Why? Because he already had lunch himself why the hell he had to care about us. He almost did this again for the second time, the lunch time was passed half an hour, but luckily one of my friend stood out and asked the chef to let us have lunch. By the way, his teaching skills was like shit, reading from slides? Come on... One thing, I felt regret that I didn't give an honest feedback to the academy about that chef... argh.. Well, good thing my friends did, to be honest this was for the chef's own good, let other people know how he performed as a chef instructor and make him change, if possible.

  Enough said with that, let's talk about the good stuff! About the course, so far quite good to me, many things to learn, though I still didn't feel like learnt enough, maybe I'd like to crave for more. Well, it's only halfway in term 1, 5 terms total. Recently finished the culinary basis and now I'm learning pastry & bakery basis. Above all about the academy, I'm happy with it, still a good place to learn and practice.

  I'm really tired most of the time, usually don't feel like writing, that's what kept me procrastinated to continue this page. I forced myself to finish this page as much as possible, well I guess that's it (you hus might say "that's it?????" XD, but I'll finish will bunch of pictures below, enjoy~

  Oh yeah, you can visit my Instagram to follow up > http://instagram.com/clement_clemon . I can post up some pics even with a wee of time than writing, so if you are interest of any food just comment, I will

I made grilled chicken salad with vinegratte

I went vegan that day, I made some cream scramble eggs and sauteed mushroom  

Trying learning to make my food look more presentable with my veggie mix pesto.

Chicken Tikka Marsala

My Fusion Cuisine~ Stir-fried noodle(spaghetti) with potato balls

I dunno what to call this dish, just trying to use up the fish I fabricated.
Taste good somehow.

Spicy and Sour Steamed Fish~


Practiced Western Dry Heat cooking at school
I love these!! Above are Chinese Cuisine, Yang Chow Fried Rice and Deep Fried Chicken. Below are Thai's, Grilled Coated Salt Tilapia Fish and Pineapple Fried Rice
 


Singaporean & Malay Cuisine, I remember these were made at afternoon class, we had these as our dinner, a very filling dinner!!
Learning to know how to use Tandoor oven for Tandoori Murgh Tikka (Roasted Marinated Chicken) and Tandoori Naan (below)

  
Tandoori Naan

Tandoori Murgh Tikka and Naan Served with Dal Makhani



Roasted Chicken Thigh~




Little Practice with Friends
Banana Muffins

Scones~