Stuffed Baked Potatoes
2 lb potatoes, scrubbed
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 tsp salt
4 oz butter
1 small onion
4 oz grated cheddar cheese or blue cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Chives or parsley, to garnish
1. Prick potatoes with fork and put on a baking sheet.
2. Brush with the oil and sprinkle with salt.
3. Bake in preheated oven 375’F (190’C) for 1hour.
4. Meanwhile, melt butter in a small pan over low medium heat.
5. Add onion and sauté for 8-10 minutes or until soft and golden, set aside.
6. Cut potatoes in half lengthways, and scoop the flesh out into a big bowl. Set aside the skins.
7. Coarsely mash the potato flesh. Mix in the onion and the remaining butter.
8. Season with salt and pepper, mix well. Spoon the mixture back into the potato skins and top with the cheese.
9. Bake the filled potato skins in the oven for 10 minutes with 400’F (200’C).
10. Garnish with chives and serve immediately.