Black Pepper Chicken Chop
4 sliced chicken breast in ½ inches thick
Crushed black pepper, as needed
Salt, as needed
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, smashed
2 shallots, finely diced
2 cups chicken broth
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp softened butter
1 tbsp flour
1. Season chicken with salt and crushed black pepper on both sides.
2. Heat butter and olive oil on a pan with medium high heat until the butter is melted.
3. Sear the chicken until golden brown or 4-5 minutes for each side. Remove and place on a plate and cover with aluminium foil to keep it warm.
4. Sauté minced shallot on the same pan for about 2 minutes.
5. Pour in chicken broth and add in garlic and tomato paste, stir until well blended.
6. While simmering until it getting boiled, mix softened butter with flour by pressing with fork in a small bowl.
7. Add the butter mixture into the sauce and stir quickly until the sauce is thickened. If the sauce isn’t thick enough after a few minutes add another butter mixture.
8. Spoon the sauce over the chicken chop and it’s ready to be served.