Nothing can stop me from loving black pepper and mushroom, they make great flavour for everything.
I adapted my dad's recipe with my way to cook it. XD It turns out great!
Braised Black Pepper Pork & Mushrooms Stew
Crushed black pepper, as needed
Salt, as needed
1 carrot, diced
1 celery, diced
1lb mushrooms (any mushrooms is available)
2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
2 tbsp tomato paste
4 cups water
2 crushed garlic
2 pieces ginger
1 bay leaf
1 tsp parsley
½ tsp thyme
2 tbsp corn flour, mixed with 1 tbsp water
1. Season a slice of pork with salt and black pepper on both sides.
2. Heat a pot with oil with high heat; sear the pork 5 minutes for each side, set aside.
3. Turn the heat to medium high; sauté carrot, celery and mushroom in the same pot.
4. Deglaze the pot with a few tbsp of broth.
5. Return the pork into the pot.
6. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 45 minutes.
7. Stir in the corn flour mixture to thicken the sauce.