Sunday, February 19, 2012

Stuffed Celery Stalks

  A rare appetizing dish I have seen (to me XD), I saw it on a website but I don't remember where is it at all. I figure out myself how to make it, well, it was damn easy, of course. I made it taste very strong and pungent, really appetizing. It don't need to serve with any sauce or something, trust me, it taste fine without dipping. As you can see, the picture above here, I dropped a tspful of flavoured mayonnaise was just for garnishing XD Seriously not necessary to be eaten~ You may die from saltiness! Sure it can be served with some sauces if the Stuffed Celery has been made less flavoured. I'll try to make some next time~


Stuffed Celery Stalks
Ingredients:
8 celery stalks, cut into 1-2 inches
1lb ground pork, or replace with other meat like beef, veal, etc.
1½ cup blue cheese
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp roughly crushed black pepper
Salt to taste
½ tbsp smoked paprika
¼ tsp allspice
Olive oil for brushing celery stalks

Directions:
1.      In a mixing bowl, mix the meat with 1 cup of the cheese, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, salt, paprika and allspice.
2.      Dry celery stalks thoroughly, brush with olive oil.
3.      Place a tsp of cheese on celery stalks internal space, and then cover with some meat over cheese completely. Repeat the same to the others.
4.      Arrange stuffed celery stalks on a baking tray, bring it into preheated oven with 356’F (180’C) for 15-20 minutes or until the meat is done.

 Eat these before serving your main dish :D Enjoy~