Thursday, January 19, 2012

New creation, Corn Alfredo~

  I had my Chicken Gravy leftover from last night, and I reused it to made this, Corn Alfredo! I will show how I made it.. It tasted very rich, sweet and tasty~ You can have Fettuccine goes with this sauce, as well, because the sauce tastes so rich.


Corn Alfredo
Ingredients:
1 lb spaghetti, boiled and drained
1 cup corn
1 onion, diced
2-3 cloves garlic
3 tbsp butter
1 tbsp oregano
1 tbsp basil
¼ tsp cinnamon
1 bay leaf
½ tsp paprika
2 cup chicken gravy
5 cup milk or 3 cup milk and 2 cup heavy cream
Salt & pepper to taste
Parsley for garnishing

Directions:
1.      Sauté onions with olive oil for 5 minutes, and then add in corn, basil and oregano.  Sauté until fragrant.
2.      Add chicken gravy and gradually stir in the milk. Along with cinnamon and bay leaf.
3.      Simmer with medium-low heat for about 20 minutes, until it’s thickened.
4.      Season well. Mix it with spaghetti.
5.      And garnish before serves.