Monday, January 16, 2012

Best Braised Lamb I made~

  It's a pretty long time that I didn't touch this blog, to the matter of fact that I have been busy for school stuff, workout (my new aim, started at 27 Dec 2011, trying to lost some fat and get a ripped great shape!haha! ) and making Kuih Momo and Corn Flakes Cookies (maybe more, if I'm free! :D) for Chinese New Year. I'll post those recipes later, but I gotta share my New Braised Lamb Recipe to everyone, I don't know what should it named. So I simply call it Brown Braised Lamb >.< If you have better suggestion for the name, tell me as you please. I had consulted other people's Braised Lamb recipe as reference, go and have a look, it's amazing and I love it.

  I have omitted some ingredients and replaced with other stuff or add more other ingredients. Its taste was awesome, you can give it a try.


Brown Braised Lamb
Ingredients:
4-5 lamb shoulder chops
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, carrot, celery (all finely diced)
4-6 small lime, seeded and slightly chopped
2 tomato, diced
¼ cup barbeque sauce
5 cloves garlic, smashed
2 tbsp black pepper, coarsely crushed
1 tbsp ginger, finely minced
Salt to taste
½ cup brown beef broth
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp cumin
2-3 springs cilantro, chopped (save some for garnishing)
1 tsp Italian mixed herbs
¼ cup water
1 tbsp cornstarch

Directions:
1.      Mix lamb shoulders with barbeque sauce, ginger and black pepper in a mixing bowl, set aside.
2.      In a medium-high heated casserole, sauté onion with olive oil until soft and slightly transparent.
3.      After that, adds in carrot, celery, lime, salt and pepper, sauté until caramelized.
4.      Throw in chops into the veggies, and cook until the colour of the lamb started to change. And then pour in the broth.
5.      Add in all the ingredients, except water and cornstarch.
6.      Stir them well and simmer for about 1 about or until the chops are tenderized.
7.      Mix water and cornstarch together in a small bowl, stir it into the chops, simmer until the sauce is thickened.
8.      Place chops on a platter and a few tbsp of sauce on it; sprinkle some cilantro for garnishing.