I also made a dish that Remy cooked before, in film, was Ratatouille. It a vegetable stew, made with tomatoes, aubergine (eggplant), courgette (zucchini), peppers, onion, and seasonings. Well, I gotta post that dish soon.
Actually I made this soup twice already, but tasted the best this time.
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 large leeks
2 large russet potatoes, roughly diced
5 cups chicken stock
2 bay leaf
4-6 springs of thyme
1 small bunch of parsley
½ cup cream
¼ cup finely minced chives
Coarse salt, ground black pepper
1. Melt butter in heavy saucepan over medium low heat; add leeks and sauté for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally so leeks do not brown.
2. Add potatoes, chicken stock and herbs (bind up with string), and simmer for about 20 minutes until potatoes are tender.
3. Remove herbs, transfer soup to blender in batches or in blender, purée until smooth, and transfer to clean pot.
4. Reheat soup, add cream, and bring back to simmer for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
5. To serve, garnish with finely minced chives.
|Remy's fixing the soup|