Sunday, October 16, 2011

Poached Eggs

  I had this as my breakfast, poached egg with roasted ham and chips.

  I like to eat egg in this way, especially the yolk is still soft and beautiful.

  But my poached eggs was a bit overcooked. So, you know, I couldn't take a picture of breaking the egg yolk XD Sure I will, next time I'll make Eggs Benedict and take a yolk break picture.






Poached Eggs
Ingredients:
2 quarts water
2 tbsp vinegar
Fresh eggs

Directions:
1.      Pour in white vinegar into the simmering water. The acid of the vinegar will hold the egg white together.
2.      Slowly add in the egg into the water, just until it floats to the top and wait for a minute before plates up. About 2 minutes cooking time for each.
3.   If you don't serve it immediately, place it into a bowl of water. Take out when you ready to serve it. 

 *tips: add 1 tbsp of vinegar for per quart of water.