Saturday, October 29, 2011

Lemon Spaghetti~~

  I prepared it this morning for brunch, you know what, I made it spontaneously which was marvelous. I never heard of lemon spaghetti actually. Well, I chose to make it because I had a lot of lemon inside my fridge, a lot. I asked my mom "Do you willing to taste my experiment, I'm not guaranteed I will succeed." And she smiled " It's up to you." Thanks that my mom believe me I can do it, though she didn't said but her face told. After she tasted my Lemon Spaghetti "It really boost my appetite, because it taste a little sour yet unique." Anyway, my mom had second plate XD

Lemon Spaghetti
Ingredients:
50g butter
1/3 cup flour
3 cups chicken stock
½ lemon, juiced
8 oz (230g) sliced chicken breast or bacon (optional)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2-3 tbsp sugar
Salt & pepper to taste
Pinch of rosemary
½ tsp dried thyme or fresh
1/8 tsp cinnamon
A small bunch of cilantro, minced
¼ cup parmesan cheese or other cheese you have
Parsley for garnishing
1 lb spaghetti, cooked and drained

Directions:
1.      Fry sliced chicken or bacon over medium-high heat with melted butter. Few minutes later, add in garlic and cook until chicken turn golden brown. Set aside.
2.      Turn the heat to low, add in flour into the butter. Stir until it turns into blond roux.
3.      Pour in chicken stock and lemon juice, stir constantly until thickened.
4.      Throw in all the ingredients, except cilantro and cheese, into the sauce and simmer over very-low heat about 10-15 minutes.
5.      Add in cilantro and cheese; heat up awhile.
6.      Serve it with spaghetti and garnish with lemon piece on top, additional sauce and parsley.