1/3 cup flour
3 cups chicken stock
½ lemon, juiced
8 oz (230g) sliced chicken breast or bacon (optional)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2-3 tbsp sugar
Salt & pepper to taste
Pinch of rosemary
½ tsp dried thyme or fresh
1/8 tsp cinnamon
A small bunch of cilantro, minced
¼ cup parmesan cheese or other cheese you have
Parsley for garnishing
1 lb spaghetti, cooked and drained
1. Fry sliced chicken or bacon over medium-high heat with melted butter. Few minutes later, add in garlic and cook until chicken turn golden brown. Set aside.
2. Turn the heat to low, add in flour into the butter. Stir until it turns into blond roux.
3. Pour in chicken stock and lemon juice, stir constantly until thickened.
4. Throw in all the ingredients, except cilantro and cheese, into the sauce and simmer over very-low heat about 10-15 minutes.
5. Add in cilantro and cheese; heat up awhile.
6. Serve it with spaghetti and garnish with lemon piece on top, additional sauce and parsley.