At first you gotta need to make a pastry dough for the crust...
2 cups flour
1½ sticks unsalted butter, cut into pieces
2 tbsp sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
4 tbsp chilled dry white wine
1. Bring the butter to room temperature. Mix the butter and flour together just until crumbly.
2. Add the sugar, egg and wine, mixing into soft dough.
3. Shape the dough into one or two balls, and refrigerate, wrapped in plastic wrap until ready to use.
· The addition of both wine and egg really help to make the crust tender.
Time for Quiche recipe!!
10 oz (280g) pastry dough
3 large eggs
1 cup crème fraiche (you can substitute it with yogurt or sour cream)
Salt & black pepper to taste
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp rosemary powder
2oz (55g) butter
10½oz (300g) bacon (well, I used ham)
1. Roll out pastry to desire thickness and line on tart pan 24cm (10inch) in diameter and refrigerate for 20 minutes at least.
2. Combine eggs, crème fraiche, salt, black pepper and nutmeg in a large bowl, whisk until well blended, set aside.
3. Bake the pastry dough at 400’F (200’C) for 10 minutes.
4. While baking, fry bacon until golden brown with melted butter.
5. Remove pastry from the tart pan and bake for another 5 minutes.
6. Fill in with bacon, or ham, and the egg mixture into the pastry and bake for 30 minutes.
Sadly, I couldn't found bacon in any grocery store. But I think it works perfectly with ham!! By the way, it's my family's favourite. ~~Enjoy with your own Quiche~~