Saturday, August 13, 2011

My special creation Curry Alfredo!!

My Second Curry Alfredo!
  YOU MIGHT HEARD OF CHICKEN ALFREDO, MUSHROOM ALFREDO, GARLIC ALFREDO, CAULIFLOWER ALFREDO...... BUT DO YOU HEARD OF CURRY ALFREDO? IF YOU DO THAT MEANS YOU ARE LUCKY XD
  
  It is kinda rare and hard to looking for in restaurant or cookbook. Because it taste horrible and disgusting? Definitely not, I must say, it's darn delicious. You'll thinking what I thinking if you do love both curry and spaghetti with alfredo sauce. 

  First I have to declare that curry alfredo isn't originated from me. Anyway, there is nowhere can be found about its origins. I considered this version is originated by me.

  I created it, the curry alfredo in the picture above, with more additional ingredients which will make it taste nice. It's really a major different, to compare with my first one, see below :)

My first Curry Alfredo~
As you can see, wasn't I right? it's complete different, I mean the sauce. Less creaminess, not very much like curry XD but still good.
However, my second curry alfredo is better :)
For sure, next time will be the BEST!! :D


Updated!! Now with Recipe!! See Below!! Enjoy!!

Curry Spaghetti Alfredo
Ingredients:
200g spaghetti, boiled and drained
200g ground meat (chicken, beef or pork)
15g curry powder (add more if the taste of curry isn’t rich)
2 cloves garlic
1 onion, diced
1 tbsp dried basil
1 tbsp dried oregano
200g chicken broth
3 Lemon grass, blended
A bunch of curry leaves
¼ tsp cinnamon powder
2-5 cloves
2-4 star anise
80g alfredo sauce
60g heavy cream
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
Parsley for garnishing

Directions:
1.      Heat pan with olive oil on medium-high heat. Sauté onion, dried basil, dried oregano and lemon grass until it turns soft and a bit golden.
2.      Dump in ground meat, garlic, curry powder and curry leaves, then stir and cook for awhile until the meat is getting done.
3.      Pour in chicken broth, along with all the ingredients except alfredo sauce and heavy cream.
4.      Simmer for 25-30 minutes.
5.      Add in alfredo sauce and heavy cream, stir until it’s thickened. Season well with salt and pepper.
6.      Save a few cups of the curry sauce and set aside. Mix the sauce with the spaghetti.
7.      Before serving pour some curry sauce on top and garnish with parsley.