Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Love Super Spicy Hot Food?? Try Thai Recipe "Pad Prik"!!

  I love it since I ate my first Pad Prik at Times Square Mall in KL. Pad Prik was originated from Thai, of course, "Pad Prik" traslated from Thai is "Fresh Chilli"!

  I searched for this recipe on websites after the trip at KL. Well, I did found one, and I finally made Pad Prik today's lunch. Wow! It's hot ,yet nice.

  There was many kind of Pad Prik, some with chicken, beef or seafood.

   See below for the recipe, I simply copied it from my Document of Recipes.. :D I key in every recipe I had made or hadn't, into the document~ hark working, wasn't I? XD


Ingredients:
2 tbsp garlic
½ cup shallot, finely sliced
½ cup green jalapeño, sliced
½ cup red jalapeño, sliced
5 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp dark sweet soy sauce
2 tbsp palm sugar
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp rice starch mix with 1 tbsp water

Directions:
1.      Heat sesame oil in a large skillet.
2.      Sauté garlic, shallots and chilies for 3 minutes.
3.      Add the remaining ingredients and sauté for a further 2-3 minutes until cooked.
4.      Serve with rice.

·         To make Pad Prik with meat or seafood, marinade the meat (2lb) with:
-2 tbsp seasoned fish sauce
-2 tbsp rice starch
-1 tsp crushed black pepper
·         Add in the meat at 2nd step.
·         For extra ingredients sauté, add 3 whisked eggs in 3rd step.

Stay Tuned for my "Fish N Chips" tonight!!