Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mashed Potato with Chicken Gravy

  Mashed Potato, I cooked it in this morning. I was about to bring it , in a warmer and in a bag, to school. Darn fragile bag just broken, guess you know what it means. Therefore my potato turned messy and ugly T.T

  I brought it because I wanna let my friend have a chance to taste my food. Oh darn, I missed the butter, it would be tastier when it goes with butter. Plus it can also make mashed potato turn smoother.


  As for the gravy, I have a brilliant idea that inspired by my buddy, Hammond aka Huong Yew Wei. It's to make gravy in mushroom flavour, Nice!

*UPDATE! Now Recipe Available!*
  To make Mashed Potatoes, Click here!

For the Chicken Gravy, the colour depends on the colour of the stock and fat , but more delicious, see below!


Chicken Gravy
Ingredients:
¼ cup fat from roasted chicken
¼ cup flour
2 cups pan juices and chicken stock
Salt and pepper for seasoning
¼ cup cream (optional)

Directions:
1.       Heat the fat. Add the flour and stir until blended.
2.       Slowly stir in the pan juices and chicken stock. Cook and stir the gravy until smooth and simmer for 5 minutes.
3.       Add the cream. If the gravy is very rich, it may separate. Add the cream slowly. Stir it constantly.
4.       Correct the seasoning by adding salt and pepper if needed and serve immediately.

·         Makes about 2 cups.
·         Fat can be replaced by lard or shortening